Paint & Monogram a TV Tray

TV trays are so useful. We have a set of four pine trays from a “big box store”.
Doesn’t everybody have this same set?

To give this light pine wood table an “update” I used my Cricut to print out a letter printed on vinyl.
 Painted it black with chalk paint using a roll and back brush technique. I used  spray paint for the under side.
Once the paint was dry – I  peeled off the vinyl letter and sanded the edges. By wiping a dark stain into the exposed wood – I got the dark wood look I wanted.
When I fold the tray to store – the “B” is not upside down (I have done that before).
Topped with clear wax makes it have a “finished” look.

Computer stand, drink tray or perfect for smore night on the deck.
You can view another TV Tray makeover HERE.

Sharing with: The Charm of Home, Liz Marie, Funky Junk Interiors

Amy Kinser
May 1, 2013 12:44 am

It looks so much better. You always do the greatest upcycle projects.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
May 1, 2013 12:49 am

LOVE IT!!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
May 1, 2013 1:15 am

Wow, much better! I have never owned TV trays, but I must admit I do love eating in front of the TV. 🙂

Laurie
May 1, 2013 1:18 am

I have this same set, and have been thinking how to change them, this is great!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions
May 1, 2013 2:00 am

Great idea for those wood trays, Holly! I did have a set of 4 in a holder but gave it to my son for his apartment when we moved. My husband has been mentioning getting more. I would definitely want to paint them and I really like the monogram idea.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living

I really like the way you did the monogram!

Korrie@RedHenHome
May 1, 2013 3:15 am

Super cute!

May 1, 2013 4:05 am

Very cute…we used to have that set…now I'm sad it's gone…..

Laurel@chippingwithcharm
May 1, 2013 11:57 am

Smart thinking!! We sold a set just like that at a garage sale a couple years ago…shoot…

May 1, 2013 12:06 pm

Very chic!! Love the way you updated your tv trays!! I wouldn't be tucking those away anymore now that they are so fun and versatile with their new look.Mary Alice

May 1, 2013 2:42 pm

This is so clever, and it makes them look so sophisticated. Good job and super cute!Cynthia

Pendra
May 1, 2013 3:21 pm

Your body goes to sleep at night, but I swear your brain must work all night long! You come up with the coolest idea's using what you have almost on a daily basis, I have a light bulb moment every once in awhile! Gotta add these trays on my list for the thrift store!Hugs,Pendra

Bliss
May 1, 2013 3:26 pm

Last summer at garage sales I saw these trays a couple times, passed them by. This summer I know better.Bliss

Angela Ryder
May 1, 2013 4:52 pm

Very cute! I think I gave my set like this to my son! Hmmmm…..I think I'll steal it back! LOL!!~~Angela

May 1, 2013 9:38 pm

very cute, idea, holly:) i really like the monogram! i'm thinking i need to be on the lookout for tv trays!

Tina AtWhatWeKeep
May 2, 2013 1:27 am

TV trays make great candidates for a makeover…yours is great! Love the stained wood monogram.

reFresh reStyle
May 2, 2013 10:44 am

I love it! I really like the tip for using spray paint on the bottom. Why didn't I think of this? I've painted 2 of these, but hated painting the bottom! Debbie

Lynn
May 2, 2013 4:33 pm

I love it too! Everybody does have this set. LOL..

The Bashful Nest
May 3, 2013 2:40 am

These look great! You really have an eye for making the everyday items look special! How do,you come up,with all these ideas? I hope you have a great upcoming weekend.xoxo. Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

Muhammad Khalid
May 6, 2013 5:06 pm

Free Facebook Likes, Free Targeted Facebook Likes, Make Unlimited Likes on your Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Share, Facebook Followers, Facebook Post Like and Share, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Follow, LinkedIn share, Youtube Views Likes and SubscribesSocial Media Marketing is the easy way to increase your Folow Likes and Subsribesgetlikefast.com

Rehan Ahmed
May 7, 2013 3:02 am

Looking for Best and Trusted PTC Site..?Here is a Best and Trusted PTC Site where you can earn money online without any invesment, earn with Just Clicking and Earn upto Daily 10$, Earn More with Referrals, Paid to Click System, Best upgrade plans and Best Advertising Plans. Legitimate Earning Website for ever you wantHotProClicks.com

Rehan Ahmed
May 7, 2013 3:06 am

Shirley@Housepitality Designs
May 7, 2013 7:26 pm

Great tray table…I love monograms of all kinds!…Such a versatile item to have!

Fahad Naseer
May 8, 2013 2:59 pm

Which Car you want..? Here is a best list of Cars and Vehicles, Hot Vehicles, Strange Cars, Super Cars Model, Funny Cars, Car Latest Models, Cars with Girls, Cars like helicopter and Most Speed and Expensive CarsWorldLatestVehicles.com

Uhu work
May 9, 2013 12:33 pm

Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.HotProClicks.com

zahid ahmed
May 10, 2013 7:01 am

What do you want in Entertainment..? Picutres, Videos, Loll Pictures, Hot Pictures, Funny Pictures, Funny Videos, Hot Videos, Entertainment Pictures, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Internet Classified Sites, Buying and Selling Classified Sites, Online Jobs, Online Marketing and all Current Affairs News updates.All Current Affairs in Only 1 Best Entertainment Website Networkhotcurrentaffairs.com

news
May 12, 2013 8:48 am

Internet Online System is very usefull and Billions of Peoples use Internet and Many of the peoples want to make money online from home and make online business for a life timeWe have the best Online earning System with Data Entry Jobs, Online Jobs, Network Marketing, SMS Earning, and Much More Online Work From home, Skype : Jobz.CornerJobzCorner.Com

March 25, 2018 1:31 am

Have my set and love them!.. use them to supplement for serving, side tray on my deck, and as TV trays..love this idea to freshen their look…going to give this a whirl! Thx!!!