Signs of Spring

I am so happy the weather has finally warmed up here in New England.
The bright yellow forsythia is a sure sign of Spring.

My boxwoods needed a little “help” so I gave them an extra vine wreath.

I know that artificial plants outside are a huge design faux pas but I had to stick a bit of texture in with these sorry boxwoods.  They’re not really holding their own yet.

That center piece between the windows is a skinny wood pallet.
 I picked up two of them for free.

I brought my frame accent outside to fancy up the pallet.

I sanded down my screen door to let the other colors show through. Then gave it a rub down with ebony stain. It looks darker and richer than before.

I am not ready to take down my beautiful Christmas wreath.  My boy, Luke, gave that huge, natural wreath to me and I can not part with it just yet.  It’s still soft and the memory of my little guy bringing in that wreath for me with a huge smile on his face is priceless.

With a few white accents – it passes for a pretty Spring decoration.

Phyllis@Around the House
March 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Love the warm and welcoming front door…so cool the way you have presented the front of the house…love it..

Jamie
March 13, 2012 10:41 pm

It all looks so nice! Nothing says spring like Forsythia. Love it! ~ Jamie

Debbiedoo's
March 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Looks beautiful Holly. I love your door, and the twine around it. I am wondering if I can do that…I may just try it. Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration.

The Bold Abode
March 13, 2012 11:56 pm

So bright and cheery! I don't blame you one bit for hanging on to that wreath! So sweet…

All Things Chic 2
March 14, 2012 12:11 am

I agree , a sure sign spring is in the air , with a little pop of yellow!!! Blessings Lori

Bliss
March 14, 2012 1:44 am

Make sure Luke gets his wreaths from that place every year, they never die!Did you enter your porch in the porch party? It's over at FromMyFrontPorchToYours.~Bliss~

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky)
March 14, 2012 2:28 am

Lovely spring accents! I love the fullness of the wreath and how your son got it for you.

Town and Country Gals
March 14, 2012 5:17 am

Holly,your porch looks fabulous! Am in love with your screen door! All the touches just sing spring! Love the way you pulled it all together!Rebecca

Gail
March 14, 2012 8:51 am

I love everything about your front entry Holly! I have a white screen door on my front porch and now I'm thinking that I may have to copy yours…I love it! Enjoy your day, Gail

haggermaker4
March 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I love your revamp on your door with the sanding and stain! Happy Spring!!Tona HaggermakerAthens, Alabama

theoldfencepost
March 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Holly, very cute! Where do you get your wrought iron decorative scrolls ? My Hobby Lobby used to sell them but stopped;( thank you Kerry from Ohio

Connie
Connie
March 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Where did you get your forsythia wreath? Did you make it yourself or buy it? I love the bright cheery yellow.

ImSoVintage
March 14, 2012 4:53 pm

It is so wonderful to see all the pretty spring colors. Love your front door 🙂

Katie @ My Darling Days
March 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Stopping by from Charming Decor… WOW. You have quite the nack for decorating, and giving new purpose to old things. Wanna come redo my entire home?! Very inprirational! 🙂

Alison Olsen
March 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Love your door … actually I love your whole blog … so creative! Can you share how you hang the wreath from the burlap? Thanks!Alison

Mel
Mel
March 15, 2012 5:57 am

Your porch looks great. I really like the screen door. I have been thinking about adding a screen door but didn't know if it would look good but now I know it does.Thanks!~Melcraftymeldesigns.com

Home Frosting
March 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Very pretty, Holly! Lesa

Jaime
March 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Love the front of your house. I've prolly said that a zillion times already though! Funny, I also have boxwoods flanking my door. And I have almost the exact same star stand thingy. I had a wreath on mine, but I love the idea of a letter. We have to be more on the conservative side, our HOA is a little mean, like that! 😉

Pamela
March 16, 2012 12:00 am

Faux plants outside bad!!??;) Don't look at my fake ferns lady!:) Everything looks great!