Shut the Front Door

I’ve had this spicy red color on my screen door for way too long.
(like…. 9 months)
I was ready for a change…

I only paid about $100 or so for this screen 5 years ago.  I cut the screen out and had a piece of glass made for it.  I like the wood and the four squares.  Since I didn’t pay a lot for it I feel like I can do whatever I want to it.
…like add chicken wire to the bottom half where my kids shot the lower glass with an air soft gun.
 Now I don’t notice the “ding” so much.
(good thing I don’t have some fancy & formal etched glass)
I also added some iron brackets to dress it up.
I framed out the house number with an old chippy frame.
 I moved the little #12 plaque to the door so it’s more visible from the road.
The green is Wethersfiled Moss by Benjamin Moore.
This door is casual and maybe a little unexpected on a tall colonial such as ours but I like that it brings the feel of our home a little more “down to earth”.
to see more on ways I use doors GO HERE
Linking with:
Savvy Southern Style – WOW US Wednesday #51
Martha
January 31, 2012 2:46 am

I like it!! The green is lovely and soothing!

January 31, 2012 2:47 am

Looks great–I especially like the frame on the house numbers!

January 31, 2012 2:53 am

I like the spicy red, but the new green is softer and beautiful. Love all your other touches around the entry. Gives a very inviting feel.Mary Alice

January 31, 2012 3:21 am

Love your door! Both of them actually- The house number plaque is such a cute idea.

Bliss
January 31, 2012 3:23 am

I gotta go with the green. The new touches are cute and I can't quite picture them with the spicy!~Bliss~(Just noticed you have an Etsy shop, going to take a peek!)

The Stanfields
January 31, 2012 3:31 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

The Stanfields
January 31, 2012 3:32 am

I love your new door! The green is a perfect shade!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door
January 31, 2012 4:26 am

Honestly, Holly! You have the best ideas! I love that your screen door is unexpected. And the way it looks in green. I also love your wreath idea as well. The whole look is very cute and clever!

Holly @ Bella Nest
January 31, 2012 5:16 am

What an awesome idea to add brackets and chicken wire! I love this, Holly! You are so creative!

jennifer
jennifer
January 31, 2012 5:22 am

I just love this!! Beautiful

Gail
January 31, 2012 11:23 am

Love your screen door make-over Holly. Your front entry is beautiful and you're right…totally unexpected.

created by ~donnaK
January 31, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm in the process of hating my front door for about 2 years now. This is a lovely idea…makes me think…what the heck am I waiting for? Time to get the paint out. Thanks for sharing…it's lovely.

Darcie (My Modern Country)
January 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Love the transformation! And your home looks so naturally warm and inviting….just perfect. I saved two old screen doors from a recent demo. in our area-they are in great shape, I just need to go dig them out of the barn and get busy 🙂

Annie
January 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Love the door both ways…but the green looks so fresh, like it's ready for spring! I found your blog over the weekend, and I am in love with your style!! I am a loyal follower! :)Annie

Lindsay
January 31, 2012 6:42 pm

I LOVE the greenit is so happy, and the framed house numbers!! Way cute 🙂

Terry
February 1, 2012 1:05 am

I love it, looks like spring!

ImSoVintage
February 1, 2012 6:29 pm

I love it. Works really well with the wreath and the chicken wire. I am a happy new follower from Wow us WednesdaysLaurahttp://imsovintage.blogspot.com/

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash
February 1, 2012 6:36 pm

Beautiful makeover! We live on a lake and I really want a screened door on our back entrance. Blessings, Debbie

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate
February 2, 2012 9:40 pm

Love the green door and all your wonderful touches. You certainly are creative!

Terry
February 4, 2012 3:47 am

I find your website so creative and lovely. I am going to be a follower NOW!

Amy Kinser
February 7, 2012 1:31 am

I love your screen door. I desperately want one. The green color is great and I love the framed house number.Love your style….it's just fun, comfy, effortless, and just seems to be what you want to do not what everybody else does. Love that.

Debi
February 11, 2012 3:35 pm

You're awesome. . . I found you on Pinterest and all I can say is. . . well there are no words. As I was snooping in your house I kept saying \”she gets to live there. . . \”SHE GETS TO LIVE THERE\”. I love your style, talent, ideas, vision for repurposing, unique design. . . I love it all. Yes, I do love the front door redo, I liked the red but the green speaks to me. . . a dor a ble!!!

Nicole
August 25, 2012 8:03 pm

This looks amazing! Quick question…have a grapevine wreath on my screen door now, but would love to use the burlap like you did. How did you attach it to the other side of the door? Thank you so much for sharing!

amyk5
December 25, 2012 2:41 am

I've been wanting to install a French front door for a while now. Is yours you a single pane or does it provide any insulation?

Nancy Davis
January 27, 2015 7:53 am

Hey holly great door selection and I love how you accessorize it.. I feel your down to earth style.Thanks, NancyWindow Planet Triple Pane Window – Superior Quality Windows and Doors

Scarlet Thompson
September 2, 2015 3:31 pm

I can't get over how cute this is! I love the color you painted it, the green stands out, but it isn't overwhelming. Also, I love the wreath you put out! Did you make that yourself? Even your house number is displayed so cutely! http://www.gpwsecuritynsw.com.au/barrier-products–flyscreens

Amanda
April 6, 2016 4:30 pm

Do you happen to remember where you got the brackets?