Hydrangeas on the Porch

Earlier this summer I hung these ball jars for tea light candles at the entrance to our porch.

Since our hydrangea bush is full of lovely blooms I wanted to use them anywhere I could before they dry out.

The jars were empty there for awhile but instead of taking them down for fall – I used them as vases for these pretty hydrangea clippings.
The trio of jars are hung from framing wire wrapped
around two nails at either end.
Here are a few more pictures of fall decorating going on around the front of my house.
Not too fall but different from last week.
Mums are in bloom and these are the hay bales my boys brought home for me to use in my decorating and for them to use for target shooting.
Faux pumpkins and an old wooden crate.
And the pretty hydrangeas dangle above the entrance to welcome friends.
The weather has cooled and I am ready for hoodies and sweat pants!
Becky M
September 25, 2013 3:18 am

Oh my I love this idea! We have a lot of ball jars left from our wedding. I'm going to have to convince my husband to rig me one of these up!agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Diane
September 25, 2013 3:26 am

Great idea and looks perfect with the hydrangeas. Your porch looks wonderful and all ready for Fall. Beautiful as usual my friend! Love the boys and the hay bale for target. My son was the same way when he was young with anything that was solid enough, every once and a while I would find a few arrows when I was out cutting the grass! ha Hugs, Diane

September 25, 2013 11:47 am

Your jars of hydrangeas are amazing, Holly!! What a great way to greet friends. Your porch and yard look so seasonal and friendly!!Mary Alice

September 25, 2013 2:09 pm

I can't wait for sweat pant season. I am so ready for fall and your porch looks great!

Valerie Smith
September 25, 2013 2:12 pm

I love hanging anything. Your hydrangeas are beautiful. I can't wait for our construction to end so I can decorate my porches and plant hydrangeas. Simply marvelous.Very Inspiring.Hugs,ValerieCottage Making Mommywww.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Tanya Runkle
September 25, 2013 2:48 pm

So pretty Holly, I love how soft and vintage this look is, perfect! xo

September 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Simply Gorgeous!!!

September 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Holly yur porch looks amazing. I love the hydrangeas and all the other accessories are just so welcoming.Cynthia

Jen Ham
September 25, 2013 5:49 pm

So very beautiful and welcoming! I love it! Your home is beautiful Holly! xo Jen

September 25, 2013 10:17 pm

I love the hanging hydrangeas –I have them drying all over my house. Trying to talk myself into decorating for Fall. 🙂

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
September 26, 2013 1:09 am

Love the hanging faced filled with hydrangea! So pretty! Your whole porch looks so beautiful!

ImSoVintage
September 26, 2013 10:16 am

I love this idea. My hydrangeas are gone, but I am tempted to sneak around and find some 🙂

September 26, 2013 11:41 am

so sweet, holly! target shooting made me smile:)

Robin Johnson
September 26, 2013 1:04 pm

what a pretty idea. I've been trying to use up my hydrangea's before the frost gets them too.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
September 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh I love it, such a great idea. Everything looks so pretty. Don't forget I need your post for my Show Off feature by tomorrow. I have you scheduled for the 4th of Oct. Can't wait to show you off. Just email your post to me at astrollthrulife@live.comThanks Marty

Diane
September 27, 2013 5:45 am

What a creative way to display your hydrangeas. Your porch looks so inviting with your autumn decor. New GFC follower, hope you'll visit sometime!

Julia Terpstra
September 28, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm ready for hoodies too!!! I love the addition of hay bales this time of year, great idea! My tiny hydrangea plant hasn't produced much this season… but I bet next year I will have lots of nice blooms! Happy Fall my darling and creative friend!!! jules