Spring Furniture Switch in the Bedroom

We have a huge window in the center of our bedroom. When we first moved in I placed our bed up against it. It does make the most of our space and looks very even this way. Our pillows were always falling into the blinds though, so I had moved it to the far wall.

I decided to move it back to the window again. This time, to keep our pillows from falling, I nailed two long boards onto the wall along the back.
Why the change? The fresh air coming in the windows at night makes me sleep like a baby. I am a big fan of fresh air.
The room is nice and symmetrical this way. I gave up my dresser as a night stand but behind the curtain I placed an old shower caddy to hold TV remotes and my good reads. It’s screwed right into one of the boards.
But you would never know.
When my camera and I are getting along a little better, I can show you more.
My boys and I are off on a spring break vacation to see my new little nephew who is arriving this week. I can not wait to meet him.
April 14, 2014 12:47 pm

It looks very pretty! Love your white bedding and that pretty yellow pillow.

April 14, 2014 12:49 pm

The bed looks good and that was a great solution for the pillows. Have fun meeting the new baby with your kiddos! xo Diana

marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
April 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Oh i love fresh air at night too. Great way to keep the pillows in place. Hugs, Marty

must love junk
April 14, 2014 1:06 pm

What a clever idea-I love having the windows open, too! Your bed is so pretty!Have a wonderful week with family :)Susan

April 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Pretty… pretty! A new little life. How exciting. Enjoy your time with family.Hugs, Gee

Luanne
April 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Oh the room looks so fresh and inviting. I am with you on the fresh air making you sleep like a baby.My husband and I always keep the window cracked even in the dead of winter.

April 14, 2014 3:31 pm

Ingenious idea. I love your pop of yellow on the Shabby Chic bedspread. Have fun this week.

April 14, 2014 5:32 pm

The windows make a pretty and bright backdrop for your bed. Hope you have a wonderful vacation with your boys this week!!Mary Alice

White Lace and Promises
April 14, 2014 7:45 pm

The window makes a great backdrop and the room is so fresh and airy. I love the white.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs
April 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Love the Spring look!…I have my bed in my bay window area and love it there….Wish I could open the windows but the pollen here is truly awful now!…Have fun with the boys and your little nephew!

April 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Your bedroom is so pretty–I can just imagine the fresh air coming in. How fun–a new nephew! I enjoy my 2 year old nephew so much. He brings us all a lot of joy and many laughs 🙂 Have a great day!

April 14, 2014 10:39 pm

love your bedding! have fun with the new baby!

Diane
April 15, 2014 12:08 am

Like this new bedroom look very much, very fresh and spring. I do see a glimpse of your caddy, brilliant idea.

Michele Alger
April 15, 2014 5:46 am

No wonder I couldn't get a hold of you today! I hope you have a great time!! Love the new arrangement…need to work on mine. 😉

April 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Lovin your Bedroom…..I wish I could move my furniture around in our Master, but the lay-out does not allow me to. I love the white bedding too Holly!!!! I need to get busy with our Master so that I can share it one day too….hey did you ever see my post about my very first little Gallery wall from about a month ago??? I didn't have the guts to paint it black with chalk board paint but I did add a chalk board to it….LOL. here is the link if you missed it…would love to hear what you think http://littlebrags.blogspot.com/2014/03/hiding-thermomstat-in-plain-sight.html… Read more »

Karen McComas
April 18, 2014 11:49 pm

I love that lamp – where did you get it?

sheila olson
April 23, 2014 8:23 am

The furniture in the room is looking really very awesome.I would like to inform that I have also recently came across a site called animadomus who is providing different types of high-end contemporary Italian home furniture from past 14 years.AnimaDomus Furniture Warehouse In Aventura