Frayed Edge ~ Drop Cloth Curtains

I finally did what many of you have done. I used drop cloths for curtains.

This one is from Lowe’s.
I folded the cloth in half and ironed it. Cut along the center and then frayed the cut edges & snipped off the strings. I hung the frayed sides toward the window. I folded the tops down about 10 inches. The seams on each panel are opposite facing because of the way I folded them over but it isn’t noticeable.
They sort of blend in with the wall.
(are you thinking what I’m thinking about the carpet?)
Those window panels were so easy!
They even match my linen color sofa on the opposite wall.
(How about I do something to that light fixture?)
To see another post on easy window treatments GO HERE.
Deidre
August 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Love this look Holly! House looks wonderful as well such an eye for detail:)Stop by sometime!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary
August 30, 2013 2:58 pm

The drapes look great. So many people are using them for decorating. My friend had her chairs re-covered in drop cloths and they look terrific.Thanks for sharing.Mary

Lynn @The Vintage Nest
August 30, 2013 3:03 pm

they look fabulous and I love the fringe. I think I am the only person in blog land that hasn't used drop cloths for anything yet. 🙂 Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
August 30, 2013 3:12 pm

I love that they are no sew! They look great!

August 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Luv the look of the drapes Holly. I bit the billet and put them in the master earlier this year as well. LUV the look. getting ready to reupholster a chair in it as well.Happy Holiday weekend!!Hugs, Gee

August 30, 2013 3:29 pm

These came out fantastic! I so wish I could sew but sadly I can't sew a thing!Cynthia

Elizabeth BlueClearSky
August 30, 2013 3:37 pm

{I don't know what happened to my bloglovin' comment lol. Trying again.} The drapes look great, Holly. I love using drop cloths too and will have to try the frayed edge next time. Your room is looking very cozy and like a great spot to hang out. Happy weekend.

Linda@Coastal Charm
August 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Gotta love some pretty and thrifty drop cloth drapes!!!Blessings,Linda

August 30, 2013 6:29 pm

That looks really great. Nice job- I love working with those drop cloths.Quick question for you. I see you have the TV high up over the mantle. How is that when you are sitting down? We are thinking about doing that in our lower sitting room and hubby thinks it would be too high to watch comfortably. xo Diana

Denise Duffy
August 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Love the look of drop cloth curtains. I have them in my sewing room. And actually, what I think when I look at your home, is you would NevEr know it's a rental..Your decorating is fabulous!

Sherry @ Thrift My House
August 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Your curtains turned out wonderful! I love the color scheme in your family room, it's very similar to mine. I haven't done any projects with drop cloth yet, I need to get on the bandwagon 🙂

August 31, 2013 1:26 am

this room is gorgeous, holly–love the fireplace area and the curtains–no sew is always great! happy weekend!

Angela Ryder
August 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Very nice, Holly! I always love looking around your home! Happy Weekend!~~Angela

August 31, 2013 3:39 pm

I love drop cloth for so many reasons! I have it everywhere in my house on many of my windows. Yours look great. Welcome to the dropcloth bandwagon. LOL!

Pendra
August 31, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm a drop cloth junkie… I made my bedroom curtains from drop cloths and hung from clips just like yours! I didn't figure out the frayed edges tho…love that idea! I sprayed my rods oiled bronze and hung metal scrolls above them… wonder where I got that from *wink *wink!!! I love that they are neutral and don't have to be changed when I change with the seasons. Great job!!!Hugs,Pendra

Jeanette@Creating A Life
August 31, 2013 5:11 pm

These look great! I haven't done a drop cloth project yet, but looking forward to trying it.Jeanette

thistlewoodfarm
September 2, 2013 1:57 am

What a beautiful room and what a great project! The colors in the room are so pretty!Have a wonderful and blessed day!karianne

helo win
September 2, 2013 1:59 pm

thanks for sharing such a nice post..toga costume

Yvonne @ StoneGable
September 4, 2013 10:01 am

Oh, I love love love these curtains! What a great project! Adding the frayed ends at the top takes these stylish curtains over-the-top! I'm so glad you shared these. I need curtains for a guest bedroom I'm redoing soon and I want simple yet different window treatments. Please join TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS with this wonderful diy. Link goes live Wednes day at 8:00 pm. Hope to see you and your fringed curtains there!

Debbiedoos
September 5, 2013 1:04 am

They are so easy and look so awesome. I have them in both my boys rooms for a few years now. I just never tire of them. They looks awesome in your living room!