Summer Picnic Time

One of the greatest things about being back in Northern Utah is the weather.  It’s cool in the morning and evening so dining outside is beautiful.

I take my coffee on the deck. It’s an extension of our living space and sitting here smelling the natural scents of our surroundings is relaxing.
I love that the back yard is private. Our neighbors on either side can see us but there is a hill at the back where a little creek flows with water about 70% of the year. The sound of that is heavenly.
I like having part of the deck covered so I can hang a chandelier. It’s another place for me to move furniture around all the time.
However, none of our outdoor furniture is very comfortable for lounging in but it rarely rains so I am thinking about getting some cushioned pieces, like a sofa and snuggle chairs.
The other great thing about this drier climate is there are no bugs. My kids say there are a lot of spiders but they soon forgot how big our spiders were on the East Coast.
So long as I am home or with family & few friends, this place is great.
So much has changed, mostly myself.
Hope you are all enjoying the outdoors where you live.
Hugs,
June 8, 2016 2:38 am

Wish I could come right over and hang out with you on your gorgeous porch Holly!!! The candle chandelier is perfect for the outdoors!!!!

June 8, 2016 11:35 am

OOoohhh, I can imagine lots of morning coffees and twilight glasses of Wine on that beautiful back porch Holly. It is presently 75* at 7:30 am. Whew!! So the last few days , with tropical storm Colin moving over the State leaving a HOT humid mess in it's wake, outside is viewed from the comfort of my big picture windows 🙂 And yes boys, we have lots of bugs and big, big spiders. HahahahaHappy midweek. Hugs, Gee

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
June 8, 2016 2:19 pm

Your deck looks like a heavenly space! What a wonderful veiw! I agree with you some snuggly deck furniture would be wonderful….you may never go inside! 🙂

June 8, 2016 6:22 pm

What a beautiful outdoor area! I love that you have so many mature trees around you. It really makes for a cozy area. Having a roof over part of your deck is great too. I told my husband I would like that on our next house. We get too much hot sun on our back deck!

Valerie CottageMakingMommy
June 8, 2016 8:17 pm

It's beautiful and so you.

Michele Alger
June 13, 2016 1:50 am

I love how inviting your balcony is! I wish I had a covered patio to enjoy these beautiful evenings. How beautiful!! xoxo