Paint Therapy

First of all Thank You for your sweet comforting words and prayers. This blog started as just a way to show my projects but it has become much more personal. I never expected to make friendships here but what a sweet blessing it is to have support from around the world.

Thank you!

Painting and decorating is good therapy for me. When I can’t change what is going on in my life then I start changing my house decor. It helps me focus my energy and makes me feel like I actually have control of something.

The foyer walls were in need of some touch up paint. A lot of dirty hand prints and shoe scuffs were showing up. A darker color in a foyer and staircase works better for my busy family of boys. So the walls went darker in Artichoke by Valspar (Lowe’s). (more photos to come – dark day here in VA)

Lowe’s is offering a coupon for a free 8 oz. paint sample. I got the coupon out of one of my magazines.You can get yours by requesting a coupon on Valspar’s Facebook page HERE.

The only coupon I think I have ever remembered to take with me lead me to — falling in love with this red color. It’s not a mixed color but one to use as a base for a mixed color. (?)

With two 8 oz. samples of Valspar Red Base I was able to coat my door in the happiest red I have ever seen. It looks so fun from the curb.

Before….
The grey/green that I chose earlier wasn’t doing much for the curb appeal.

The 5-1-9 is printed from my Cricut on sticky vinyl. I like the little hello that was there before but I felt like numbers would be better since I put these words out there….

Did you notice my no soliciting sign? I made that yesterday after a sales person tried to sell us meat. I guess he missed the community no soliciting sign as he entered the neighborhood. Door to door sales seems so old fashioned and a little bit unsafe. Unless it’s a fundraiser for kids – I don’t want it.

Well….Brighter days are on their way and I will be ready to greet them with a brighter front door.

Thank you all again for your sweet comments about my Grandma’s passing.

Enjoy your weekend!

xoxoxo,

P.S. – I need reading glasses. I have been misspelling words like crazy. Apologies!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
March 29, 2014 9:23 pm

I love the red door. What a great pop of color. Yes, I won't even answer the door if a salesman shows up.

Michelle James
March 29, 2014 9:34 pm

I have been looking for the perfect red for my front door and may have just found it! Beautiful!

March 29, 2014 10:25 pm

I do not like salesman at the door either 🙁 I love to paint…I agree it can be good therapy! I am going to night to get some paint samples to paint my front door 🙂

Patty Wiles
March 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Loving the Red Door Holly!! 🙂

Nancy's Notes
March 29, 2014 11:17 pm

Wow, what a fabulous red door! It's the perfect red, it makes a grand statement and I'm just crazy about it! Okay…I want a red door!

March 30, 2014 12:40 am

Now that says welcome!!! LUV it. We have always had a red door. NOT sure why this one is still builder white. I agree… such curb appeal with a bright red door. Thanks for the reminder to use my coupon. Been meaning to stick it in my purse.Happy weekend Holly.BIG hugs, Gee

Cozy Little House
March 30, 2014 12:45 am

You know I love red! Decorating is therapy for me, just like gardening. This community we have is a wonderful place indeed!Brenda

March 30, 2014 12:52 am

Hey- At least you didn't misspell misspelling! I am glad you are feeling a bit brighter about things. Sometimes it you just need to jump back into life and make yourself go forward. I discovered that when my brother passed away. You just push past the pain and GO. Blessings- I hope you have a great rest of the weekend, Holly- xo Diana

March 30, 2014 12:53 am

A Primitive Homestead
March 30, 2014 4:00 am

I use this paint for many projects and really like it. Color changes have become a way of therapy for me while trying to deal with a great loss. Thanks for the coupon info.

Leslie Harris
March 30, 2014 6:54 am

What a happy color! I can see why you chose it.

Susan Homeroad
March 30, 2014 11:02 am

Great happy color and I'm inspired to make that sign for our house… hate solicitors! (did I spell that right LOL)Susan

Lori Rowe
March 30, 2014 11:55 am

Love the red door! It looks fabulous! Love the \”no soliciting\” sign too! I'm so sorry about your grandma. Blessings to you. Lori

March 30, 2014 2:19 pm

I love red doors on homes. It really calls attention to the front entrance. We once had a neighbor that had a white house with black shutters and a red front door. I always loved it. Then they moved and the new owners painted over that red door! I gasped! It has never good since. Love how you added numbers to your door too.

March 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Red doors are so classic and fun. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I paint and decorate to keep my mind off of stuff. So blessed to have met you in blogland, Holly. I can't wait to see the foyer.

Luanne
March 31, 2014 8:27 pm

I absolutely love the red door.Nothing says hello better than a bright red door. It draws the eye right in. Love the numbers on the door, I have to steal that idea and try it on mine. I live in condo complex and my neighbor's visiting guests seem to end up at my door. Maybe adding a number will help with their confusion ;o}

Pendra
April 2, 2014 6:48 pm

Spring is just about \”Sprung\”. We are still getting snow too. We had an inch yesterday and believe it or not, we are under a Winter Storm Watch Thursday through Friday… will it ever end????? Love the fresh front door, I soooo wish I had a beautiful porch like yours! Keep smiling hon, time and lots of paint therapy will help!Hugs,Pendra