Rusty Scale, Baby Pumpkins and Pinecones

Last week I took my parents to several antique stores.
I brought home this old rusty scale.

The tiny pumpkins were for sale at one store for $2 per scoop.
They are as small and smaller than a penny.
Aren’t they so cute?
I mixed them in with some mini pine cones that I purchased at the craft store last year.
The scale is pretty heavy with original rust on the whole thing.
I love it there but you know what is going to happen?
My boys are going to throw those little baby pumpkins all over the place. Like the throw pillows…
I scream “don’t throw my throw pillows”. That just doesn’t sound right.
I’m moving the “pumpkin babies” up high for safe keeping.
Becky M
October 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Such a good idea with the scale! I just used pumpkins and pinecones to fill two medium vases on my mantle. So cute!agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Junkchiccottage
October 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Holly,I love that scale. What a great piece. I can see lots of cute decorating with that.Kris

October 23, 2013 1:13 pm

I think 35.00 is a great price. It would be in my neck of the woods. It is perfectly rusty and crusty. I love the white pumpkins. The mini ones are some sort of seed pod, I think.

October 23, 2013 1:44 pm

You know I'm loving your rusty scale!!! Fabulous!Mary Alice

Korrie@RedHenHome
October 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Love that scale! It looks great with your baby pumpkins…hope they survive the season!

Deidre Gilchrest
October 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Holly,Great find on the old scale,love it!Baby Pumpkins are always a \”good thing\” ….

debi rosin
October 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Nice display, I love the rusty scale. Love it all. The price was good. When I see a piece I like but question the price, I tell myself *if I saw something similar (reproduction) at Hobby Lobby or Target it would be the same price or more* then I talk myself into buying it. LOL.thanks for visiting my new blog !www.7grands.blogspot.com

October 23, 2013 5:09 pm

ahhhh rusty junk….I love it….great find, now move it for safe keeping…LOL

ImSoVintage Laura Walker
October 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Great scale. Good luck with keeping the kiddies out of those pumpkins. xo Laura

October 23, 2013 6:34 pm

What great finds. I am so loving this scale!!! Good luck with the boys and the throwing, LOL!Cynthia

October 23, 2013 9:29 pm

I love your pumpkin decorations! I like how you displayed everything. It's very rustic.

Susan Homeroad
October 23, 2013 9:44 pm

OOOH I love the scale! What could be better than a rusty scale?… and I've always loved those Little smelly pumpkins!Beautiful!Susan

Lynn@FernAvenueBlog
October 24, 2013 12:22 am

Oh oh oh I love that rusty scale!! And, $35 is a good price.

October 24, 2013 3:13 am

Oh- don't you just LOVE that scale? What fun! I think it's really great that you can take your parents around like that- YOu are a good daughter! xo Diana

Angela Ryder
October 24, 2013 3:51 am

Love this! I love old scales and yours is so rusty and chippy…perfect!~~Angela

October 24, 2013 12:09 pm

the scales was a great find! love the bitty pumpkins, too:) hope you find pumpkin on the walls!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions
October 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Very pretty vignette, Holly! I love how this whole thing looks. The scale is a great piece to include and I love the little pumpkins and acorns.

Lori Merrill
October 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Good morning Holly! Love the display, you are so creative, I get many ideas from you!

Robin Johnson
October 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Fantastic find. I love the rust on it. It pairs so well with the pumpkins too I think.

Leslie Harris
October 24, 2013 10:35 pm

I love the scale, what a great find and yes, I can see those little pumpkins flying through the air. They're so tempting aren't they? 🙂

Unknown
October 25, 2013 12:14 am

They're called putka pods and they're from India! So adorable and they last forever!

Unknown
October 25, 2013 12:15 am

hamad uzair
October 25, 2013 9:42 am

World Most popular Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and InfoWorldLatestVehicles.com

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos
October 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Love that scale! Looks great with your pumpkins. I can totally relate to boys and things being thrown. Hopefully, the scale is too heavy to be lifted 🙂

Lawanna Brown
October 26, 2013 3:02 am

What a find. Wasn't sure what you intended on doing with when you bought it, but it sure looks cute. One of those items that will always be a conversation piece and be able to pull it into most deco. Looks great the way you have used it with those darling little pumpkins. Can't wait to see how you use during the holidays. I love the rustic look. Love, Mom

Jeanette@Creating A Life
October 28, 2013 12:41 am

Love the rusty scale! Totally charming display.