Ryan & Ashley’s Foyer

Ryan is my brother.

This is Ashley & Ryan (at their wedding), Buddha and Pickle.
I am sharing some pictures of their foyer and staircase.
 This is a naturally distressed old chair conveniently placed in the foyer for removing and putting on shoes. A perfect accent, too.
The shoes are stored right where you need them. The “we live here” look put me at ease as soon as I walked in.
Ryan’s bike is stored right by the front door. They live close enough to the city that he can bike to work.
The staircase wall is covered from floor to ceiling with picture frames. Some empty, layered, snap shots, portraits and art. Most of the frames are from a goodwill store.
Ryan does the decorating in this space. He has great taste and a lot of talent.
Here is a peek at the family room…
(that “thing” on the rug is a cow – dog toy with only one leg and a duct taped tummy – must be a favorite for Buddha or Pickle)
I will share Ryan’s kitchen and wine cellar when I return from our vacation to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. We haven’t been there since we moved to the East Coast 13 years ago. Can’t wait to show our boys all the natural wonders there.
Enjoy Summer!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
July 28, 2013 7:35 am

Looks like such a comfy home! Have a wonderful vacation!

Diane
July 28, 2013 10:39 am

Looks like decorating talent runs in the family! Cool home.

Angela Ryder
July 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Cool home! Love the feel with the colors! Have a great vacation!~~Angela

July 28, 2013 3:00 pm

I see decorating is a family trait Holly 🙂 Very nice home. Do enjoy your vacation. Hugs, Gee

Tanya Runkle
July 28, 2013 3:11 pm

I love their staircase, the frames are great! Have a wonderful vacation :)xo, Tanya

Corn in my Coffee-Pot
July 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh wow! beautiful. I love that floor!!! and that chair with the vintage magazine rack too. enjoy YELLOWSTONE! (I want to go there) Pat

ImSoVintage
July 28, 2013 7:50 pm

What a great space. Obviously he also got the decorating gene. Have fun. XO Laura

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper
July 28, 2013 9:29 pm

love it! that gallery wall is amazing! and i love how easy it feels, too.

July 28, 2013 11:49 pm

I love the wall of frames and pictures going up beside the staircase. That adds such a nice touch and warms up the space with so much personality! I'm loving how cute their pooches are too. I love dogs with smushed in faces (like mine). LOL! Hope you're having a wonderful vacation! We just got back from ours and are now back to reality.

Lynn@FernAvenueBlog
July 29, 2013 1:31 am

How beautiful!! That wall is amazing. Looks and sounds like you are having a great time.

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama
July 29, 2013 3:04 pm

very nice,, i love the rug and the little end table. Cant wait to see the kitchen. He has a great decorating talent.

Mary Ann
July 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Your brother is as talented as you, Holly! His choice of dogs is excellent, too, as we are pug owners here!

Yvonne @ StoneGable
July 30, 2013 1:04 am

I just love that staircase! So wonderfully thought out and full of great things to look at! What a clever idea to use empty frames too. Like sister… like brother!

Isabella watson
July 30, 2013 5:49 am

Hi,Very good. Nice site and I'm glad you are involved in this thanks . House Plans Queensland | Toowoomba Builders

Connie Whitelock
July 30, 2013 2:31 pm

I love the staircase wall. The mix of frames and picture styles is great. Have fun in Yellowstone. You are in our neck of the woods as we live in Cody. There's lots to see and do so enjoy.

July 31, 2013 3:57 am

love the staircase and the gallery wall…wow your brother has an eye for design too. Must be in the genes? lol…..enjoy the rest of your trip

August 1, 2013 1:50 am

Yellowstone was one of our favorite family vacations. Have a fabulous time.

Pendra
August 2, 2013 8:21 pm

Wow, decorating talent runs in your family! Hope you guys are having a GREAT time on your trip!Hugs,Pendra

Julia Terpstra
August 5, 2013 3:12 pm

I've missed you!!! I'm sure like me your summer has been jam packed; and I haven't had a moment to swing by here… I can't wait to go through the posts I missed! Your brother sure got your creative talent too; I absolutely love the staircase wall. I've been slowly pulling together things for my own; and I can't wait to do it in my hallway! Make the most of your vacation!!! xoxo jules

Sistergirl
August 6, 2013 3:57 am

Great foyer, makes the home look warm.

For My Love Of
August 10, 2013 2:59 am

What a beautiful lived in space :)Your brother has great taste, must run in the family!XO,CorinnaAshley.com

saleem mohd.
August 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.GetLikeFast.com

Becca Diestelkamp-Woodham
August 10, 2013 4:12 pm

I love your arrangement of frames in the staircase but I also absolutely love the old distressed chair. Looks great! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-3.html