Ebony & Fossil Dining Table

This dining set was really pretty when I got it but a little too red of a wood for my taste so I painted  all the chairs and legs of the table with Rust-Oleum 2X’s cover in Fossil. It’s a spray paint.

I stripped the table top and sanded it really good. Even without stain on it, the wood was really red.
(no before pic … time?)

I chose Minwax Stain in Ebony for the top. It is so rich looking and the red tone is gone.

I used polyurethane in satin to seal the stain. I didn’t seal the painted areas. Just glazed them with THIS technique.

It came with 5 beautiful chairs and I painted a bench to go with it.
The chairs had fabric seats which were in great condition. I left the fabric alone.

It looked great in my breakfast nook but the shop had some open space to fill so I took the set up there and wouldn’t you know, it sold in two days.

So even though this dining set is in a new home, I had to share it with you too.
I will keep my eye out for another unique piece.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving as you gather around your own dining table.
xo,
November 25, 2014 3:27 am

yayyyyy Holly that is super cool!!!! Beautiful work as always!

Junkchiccottage
November 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi Holly,I can see why it sold so quickly. It is gorgeous and very unique. Beautiful.Kris

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking
November 25, 2014 2:32 pm

That looks amazing and a spray paint seems so much easier than a brush. Did you have to prime first, or sand? What prep did you do before you spray painted? Thanks!

November 25, 2014 8:23 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Beautiful Holly!! No wonder it went so fast. I have to get back into furniture painting next year. Been concentrating on my canvasses the last 2 years, I miss it!Happy Thanksgiving.

November 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Holly I'm not surprised. This is gorgeous, I would have grabbed it in a second. Happy Thanksgiving Cindy

November 25, 2014 11:42 pm

What a beautiful table and chair set! It's no wonder that it sold so quickly. I love the cute fabric on the chairs and the added white paint on the legs.

Cecilia Bramhall
November 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Oh perfect timing! I need to redo my dining set and actually thought of staining the top, painting the bottom and chairs and here you show me how it will look! Thanks! :-)It's really beautiful. I'm glad to see an example of what I was thinking about.