Adding Charm with a Light Fixture

If you have never switched out a light fixture…you have to try it! It is easy and it’s one thing that makes a huge a difference in any room. Just read the instructions and remember to 1) shut off the breaker and 2) white to white & black to black. Let me show you this new feature in my kitchen from lamps.com

My kitchen is one place in our home that I like to add fun accents to. We spend so much time in here since we have an open floor plan. I want to add character here, even though this house is a rented space. It’s MY rented space. 🙂
So it is worth a little work to me to make it a little “cooler” than when I got here.
I choose projects by my skill level and by how much
work and time I am willing to give.
This fixture from Lamps.com was worth every minute of my time it took to put in.
The impact on my space is huge.
A much better choice than the “boob” light.
Visit Lamps.com to view their many cool lighting accents and be brave about changing your own fixtures out. And say ‘no’ to boob lights in highly visual spaces.
Looks super cute inside -right?
Lynnsi Mckain
October 11, 2013 10:32 pm

We rent too! And we add tons of our own touches…but our landlord gave us the green light! Its time or even a lil money well spent if it makes it feel more like us! Love the new light!

October 11, 2013 11:07 pm

That's a great looking light fixture! I like a hanging light fixture in the kitchen like that. I always have my husband deal with anything electrical though. I'm a scaredy cat!

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com
October 12, 2013 3:06 am

The light fixture is perfect! Love the character that it adds! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Angie Chavez
October 12, 2013 3:23 am

Wow – it looks beautiful! Lamps.com has some really beautiful lamps and lights.Blessings,~Angie

Korrie@RedHenHome
October 12, 2013 3:28 am

Love this pretty light! A great addition to your kitchen.

October 12, 2013 3:40 am

I love that light! You are right–it makes a big difference! Bonus you can just take it when you leave. 🙂

Becky M
October 12, 2013 4:19 am

That is gorgeous! I love it – your kitchen is so great!agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Anne
October 12, 2013 5:03 am

I thought my daughters and I were the only ones that referred to those as \”boob lights!\” Love your new kitchen light. I'm going right now to check out the lighting link you included. Thanks!

October 12, 2013 10:34 am

That light is beautiful and perfect in your kitchen!!

Christine Freeman
October 12, 2013 2:38 pm

I LOVE Lamps Plus! Rebuilding after a fire, I don't have a single light fixture in 10 rooms + outside that isn't from them. I still have several in boxes, awaiting the day I can afford an electrician. I'm feeling frisky, though, with all this Blog encouragement and might just try my own bad self. I LOVE that light!

October 12, 2013 3:20 pm

You made the perfect choice of a new light fixture in your kitchen! Yep, light fixtures can make or break a room.Mary Alice

October 12, 2013 4:33 pm

You cracked me up with the \”boob\” light comment. That's what I call them. I love this light fixture. Vintage meets nautical. Pops with the black and white in your kitchen.

Lauren TheEndearingHome
October 12, 2013 8:39 pm

I love the light fixture and how you decorated your kitchen – beautiful!

BlueClearSky Elizabeth
October 12, 2013 9:11 pm

That is an awesome light and looks great in your kitchen. We could really use some updated lights here too.

October 12, 2013 9:35 pm

So glad I happened upon your blog…really appreciate your work and your posts!!! Would love to know the name of the light fixture…went to the website but couldn't find that exact light! (think it would look great in my house)

October 12, 2013 10:23 pm

your landlord is going to be so unhappy when you leave. that home never looked so great. you picked a great lamp, holly!

Tanya Runkle
October 13, 2013 8:44 am

I love you entire home, and I really love the addition of this hanging light!!

Susan Homeroad
October 13, 2013 12:07 pm

No boob light! It is charming just like the rest of your beautiful home!

Bliss
October 13, 2013 1:21 pm

We could so do something like this. I have the perfect lights to be made into some sconces that could replace my very dated stairway ones. I'll blame you when I add this to Brawns to do list.

October 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Love this charming fixture. Adding new light fixtures can make a huge difference in the way a room feels.Cynthia

October 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey Holly, looks like they contacted you as well??? lol…..I love that you picked (as always)…

October 14, 2013 9:47 pm

ohh yeah and if I had changed out a lamp , I would not be here to comment …LOL…BIG EXPLOSION on my block..haha..