Easter Lilies & Orchids

I went to the grocery store today.

The floral department was so beautiful and full of color.
I picked up three mini orchids on special for $4.99. The boys want to give their teachers and our sweet bus driver (you wouldn’t believe how nice she is) a small something for Easter.  I think these will be a sweet little gift.
My kids surprised me with an Easter lily this morning. Isn’t it pretty?
I want to put it on the porch but it is so cold.  Right, Mazi in the window?
(she’s my shadow)
I have never owned a living orchid.  For $4.99 it might be worth it to see if I could keep the tiny, pretty flower alive.
Happy Easter to all of you!
Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
March 29, 2013 12:32 am

Three orchids for $4.99? That is a great deal! Your lily is so pretty too!

March 29, 2013 12:35 am

The flowers are so pretty. I have to be careful because I don't know if they are poisonous or not? Our cats will eat anything. Your doggie is adorable!

March 29, 2013 12:57 am

It's funny- My daughter has never had any luck with plants but she can grow orchids. I do think they are beautiful and for $4.99 how can you go wrong? xo Diana

March 29, 2013 1:17 am

My girlfriend ( another Holly) told me to feed them 1 ice cube a week. They evidently thrive on neglect. My Mom gave one as a part of my Christmas gift about 4 years ago. I neglect the poor thing yet it is alive and every year I get blooms. I do the ice cube thing. They are beautiful… and how sweet of your boys. I luv Easter lilies. Though mine after I planted it, has never bloomed on Easter.. no where near. More like Mother's day :-)Hugs, Gee

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor

I had an orchid and I could not keep it alive…they are very touchy…but they are so pretty! Happy Easter!

Rebecca Jerdee
March 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Grocery store flowers are the best!!! So convenient as we shop for other things. Have a wonderful Easter!

March 29, 2013 1:25 pm

I love orchids! Yours are very pretty. That's such a nice gift idea too. I bought one for myself last year and it is finally getting ready to rebloom after being dormant for months. I'm so excited. I can't believe I didn't kill it! They say the key is not to over water it and drain the excess water out each time you do water it. So far, so good. I'm going to post it after it blooms. I think you should get one for yourself. You will enjoy it. Love your Easter Lily too. So sweet of your kids… Read more »

Susan @ homeroad.net
March 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Happy Easter Holly! Your flowers are beautiful!Susan

March 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Such beautiful flowers to welcome Easter. Have a Happy Easter!Cynthia

March 29, 2013 4:33 pm

such a great buy on the flowers! love the blue porch sign, holly–and your adorable shadow:) happy easter!

Piera
March 29, 2013 11:18 pm

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Cindy Buzzie
April 2, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Holly,I have a funny question not related to all your other beautiful work, but your dog Mazi, I love her what kindof dog is she? Ps. I do follow u and love all your ideas. You Rock. cbuzzie-detroit michigan