White Spring….

Do you remember my spring fireplace?

I found the ‘spring’ sign at Homegoods for $16.99. I love it but I didn’t notice it much here on my old window under my mantel.
So…I painted the ‘SPRING’ part white!

The white accents along with lavender greenery make my ‘white’ spring day feel a little bit more ‘springy’.
A Spring ‘Snow Day’ here in Virginia.
The kids are off school.
 I painted the twiggy sign white and lit candles. The boys watched too much Spongebob.
…..and we are all looking forward to a warmer & brighter spring day to come.
C’mon SPRING…you can do better than that! Don’t let winter bully you around.
Please don’t freeze our forsythia….
…or our daffodils.
Maybe we will have to keep our faux greenery around a little longer.
Happy Spring {Snow} Day!

Don’t you think Mazi looks cute sitting next to Resolve carpet cleaner?

Sharing with…
Creative Cain Cabin – Budget Decorating

Anne
March 26, 2013 12:21 am

Cute spring sign! Ah yes it does not look much like spring around here either!xxAnne

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky)
March 26, 2013 12:25 am

Very pretty mantel. I see what you mean about the snow. Looks like the wet kind clinging to the trees as well. The forsythia and daffodils are a lovely pop of spring though.

March 26, 2013 1:00 am

Now it pops!!! Very pretty Holly. Had a very spring day here in North central Florida today. Spent 21/2 hrs in the garden. Very unGee like Hahahahaaa. But tonight.. we are back in the 30's. Enough already. I want some spring w/out sneak peeks of winter. Glad we have no snow though. Hugs, Gee

Blondie's Journal
March 26, 2013 1:25 am

You have a good eye, the white makes all the difference on the sign!Mazi is adorable!XO,Jane

Susan @ homeroad.net
March 26, 2013 2:34 am

Soooo ready for Spring here too! (and your puppy looks good next to anything 🙂 so adorable!Susan

Donna Wilkes
March 26, 2013 2:59 am

It did not really get cold here until MARCH! We don't have snow – just cold rain. I hope there is no correlation between the cute sign you painted white and the white snow :>)

March 26, 2013 3:28 am

Mazi did you go wee wee on the carpet?? lol

Julia Terpstra
March 26, 2013 4:21 am

1. Painting the SPRING white was a great idea!2. Spring painting your yard white is not a great idea!3. Spongebob Rocks4. Is that a new blog header? Love it!5. Mazi should do infomercials for Resolve.6. You rock more than Spongebob.xoxo jules

Rosemary@villabarnes
March 26, 2013 11:37 am

I'm anxiously awaiting Spring here too. We don't have that much snow, but it keeps making an appearance. Go Spongebob! lol

March 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Hope you're enjoying Spring Break this week. Ours starts next week. I like the added white to your sign. It definitely helps it stand out now. I can't get over all that snow you have! It must feel weird to be on Spring break with snow on the ground. It's cold and cloudy here with bits of snow flurries swirling around today and yesterday. This is the strangest weather!

Angela Ryder
March 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Love your style! Now your spring \”pops\”! Lovely mantel and home!~~Angela

March 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Love the spring sign and smart to add some white, it looks better. Feel the pain with winter. It isn't leaving NJ either but this weekend is supposed to be 50's and sunny. I'll take it and enjoy it for once this season, maybe it will last!!Cynthia

ImSoVintage
March 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Your mantle looks so pretty. I love the white inside. The outside, not so much.Hugs,Laura

pink*cherub*moon
March 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Yes, Virginia, there is a spring! We just haven't gotten any of it yet! I'm in VA too, northern area, and we had snow as well. I blogged aobut it because it was just so unusual! Beautiful picture off your deck, however. I love how adding the white paint to your SPRING sign really brought out its details. Maybe Mother Nature will see it now and take the hint! LOL! Yes, Mazi looks adorable next to the carpet cleaner. I imagine that she is the reason that you have carpet cleaner as well 🙂 She's so cute though that I'm… Read more »

March 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Uh oh. I hope you don't need to carpet cleaner because of Mazi.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made
March 26, 2013 9:18 pm

I'll take ten of Mazie please. The white on the sign really set it off – and it matches the snow 🙂

Mary Ann
March 27, 2013 12:26 am

Hmmmm we know why you have Resolve out… even though our Abby is a LOT older than Mazi… we still use it too! Love the spring decorations!

March 27, 2013 12:51 am

Your home looks so cozy with the candles on a snowy March day. Have we had more snow in March than in the real winter this year?? Mary Alice

Gwen
March 27, 2013 3:20 am

White spring over here, too! It's almost gone, but it was a fun surprise!

Serah
March 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Your spring mantel is beautiful! Love your daffodils!! I live in south Alabama (near Gulf Shores) and it hasn't gotten cold enough for long enough for my daffodils to bloom:( they sprouted but did not bloom! I was very sad, they are one of my favorite each year. Enjoy your lovely mantle and your blooms:-)