Spring Fireplace

I went to Homegoods today and brought home these 3 enormous candles.
And the SPRING twiggy art was irresistible at $16.99.
So right to the mantel they all went.
I made a box out of an old shipping crate (leaving the hardware on) and new wood for the candles and surrounded them with pine cones and a faux forsythia branch.
We don’t usually have two benches here in this room but we do use them both.
It looks better with one.
I love those huge 3 wick candles. They should last a really long time.
Since the TV takes up the space above the mantel,
I just decorate below where the fireplace is not working.
Heather Carson
February 21, 2013 2:28 am

love it, holly!so ready for spring over here,but we're getting more snow this weekend!the forsythia adds just the right touch of yellow :)xo – heatherThis Life Is Yours Blog

Linda@Coastal Charm
February 21, 2013 2:42 am

Holly, I'm so jealous…we don't have a Homegoods:( I do love that SPRING sign…it's soooo your style and awesome price too.Blessings,Linda

Rosemary@villabarnes
February 21, 2013 2:47 am

I'm a candle addict, so I love what you did with them. That Spring sign is pretty cool too.

Denise
February 21, 2013 3:51 am

VERY cute! I wish we had a Home Goods here. I seem to miss out on a lot!

Pamela
February 21, 2013 5:20 am

It all looks so charming Holly! HomeGoods rocks. I keep telling hubby it is a prerequisite that where ever we move to it as to have a HG!;) Thanx for partying at my place.

Jeane M.
February 21, 2013 8:37 am

Woah those are really huge candles and I love them as much as that lovely Spring twiggy art. Gorgeous living room you have. Got my eye on your next posts.

ruzzel01
February 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Perfect! Design is smart too.http://www.countertops.com/

February 21, 2013 2:09 pm

You are always so inspiring, Holly! Love thinking about spring now. Your comfy room can easily handle two benches. Great look as well as function!You need to set up shop somewhere!! I'd certainly come! :-)Mary Alice

Angela Santaniello
February 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Love the spring sign and the boxes! It looks wonderful. I'm trying to add more spring touches here, too–despite all the snow and cold. ;)Angela

Blondie's Journal
February 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Your forsythia does remind me of spring…I love to bring some of the branches in. Your candles are so pretty in the wood crate and I really like the \”Spring\” twiggy sign! I feel a trip to Homegoods coming on! lol! Your living room is very pretty (and so big!). The mantel looks perfect! :)XO,Jane

Julia Terpstra
February 21, 2013 3:24 pm

I've GOT to get myself to Homegoods!!! I have an idea; let's find one in between Virginia and California and meet there! xoxoPS. When I find a way to reach my hand through my computer screen you will find quite a few items in your house missing. Starting with your new twiggy SPRING.

Pendra
February 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I so wish we had a HG near us…but I'd need your vision to make their goods look like this anyway! I guess we do need to concern ourselves with function as well as beauty…at least that's what hubby tells me all the time! I think you pulled that off this time! Hugs,Pendra

February 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Great finds, I love Home Goods, it is one of my favs. Great irems and the fireplace looks so pretty.Cynthia

February 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Shoot, we don't have a HOME GOODS in WA….looks like great stuff…I love the huge candles in the rustic box…wonderful…I am not feeling the SPRING yet in WA State…thanks for the inspiraton

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic
February 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Love Homegoods, and it looks like you found some great items there. I'm ready for spring!~Shanon

Deb Hrabik
February 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Love the whole look. Charming. Wow, I'm ready for Spring too!Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Yvonne @ StoneGable
February 22, 2013 12:22 am

I think your fireplace vignette is adorable. What a great idea for decorating a fireplace for the spring! I would love to copy this… you know imitation is the best form of flattery!

Gail
February 22, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Holly, great HG finds and love what you did with them. I LOVE candles. A few weeks ago I was at our local HG store and came out disappointed…I bought nothing! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

luv2teek
February 22, 2013 12:58 pm

I am lovin' your twig Spring sign–and how you've incorporated it into your fireplace decor! I have been a follower of your blog for awhile and love your decor style…Bev

Traci
February 22, 2013 5:11 pm

I love your style! And I especially love how you mounted your tv on that wood. Is there a tutorial for that somewhere? tsmonson (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Becky {This Is Happiness}
February 22, 2013 8:53 pm

So pretty! Love your new finds!

February 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Forsythia certainly signals the beginning of spring. Gorgeous post!

Korrie@RedHenHome
March 1, 2013 2:54 pm

It looks great, Holly! I'm so glad it's March!

Gypsy Heart
March 6, 2013 12:37 am

Love the candles! I'm really a candleholic so I think I must make a trip to Home Goods…like I really need to. 🙂 Oh well, it's always a \”need\” isn't it?Pat

Gypsy Heart
March 6, 2013 12:37 am

Amy Kinser
March 16, 2013 1:27 am

I missed seeing that great twiggy spring piece. How cool is that.Your fireplace looks beautiful!

Hennie Kloppenburg