New Sofa Slipcover

I finally got a new slip cover for my huge “Bertha” sofa.
Remember this sofa with the PB white drop cloth cover? The white was fine for the living room. Nobody really spent time in here except me.

Under that white cloth was this….
I purchased this sofa from a friend of a friend who was moving.
I knew it was a good quality couch because I knew where the previous owner got it.
(just so happens to be one of my favorite stores – Madison Furniture Barn)
I knew I would replace the blue.
Her name is Bertha – for real.
She made the move to Virginia (the movers were dying from the weight of her).
I slipped the white cloth back on her but my family would not sit on it.
They were afraid of the white – gets dirty way easy (with boys especially).
So I finally placed my order (by phone) just over two weeks ago and got it in the mail yesterday!!!
I purchased this slip from the original seller Madison Furniture Barn in Westbrook, CT.
They were FAST!
The fabric is a neutral linen color. I’m in love with her.
It’s the biggest sofa ever and so comfortable.
With my order came four throw pillow covers. I chose a fabric that I am familiar with – Document Print.
The chocolate script on the pillows goes well with the other sofa and chair.
I had each pillow piped in chocolate, too.
So I had to rearrange the whole room.

I am so happy with the color.
Now, for a nap on my Bertha sofa.
zzzzzzzz
Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage
November 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Looks great! Beautiful fabric! Bertha looks like a super comfy couch!

TheMoonAndMe
November 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Love the fabric and color! The pillows are great, too. Did you order from the original seller? It fits perfectly.Kelly

November 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Your new slipcover looks great. Love the color on our comfy sofa!Mary Alice

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky)
November 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Your room is pretty and the new slip looks great. We need more seating in our family room. I love that you have the two sofas and chair.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky)
November 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Oh and I keep meaning to ask you something, Holly. I found a few old window frames (although much smaller than your gorgeous ones) and I'm wondering what to do about the flaking paint. I have scraped the worst off, but they are in fairly rough shape and still flaking (water damage probably.) Should I paint over the flaking and sort of rotted spots, or some kind of spray sealer maybe? Maybe you find yours that don't need work, but I just thought I would ask. Thanks.

November 14, 2012 9:45 pm

I love it! That was smart to get a neutral color. You will never tire of it. Love the cute script pillows you chose too. Aren't slipcovers the best?

Cozy Little House
November 14, 2012 10:18 pm

It's beautiful! Love the colors and the pillows. You've rearranged. Now take a nap on her.Brenda

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
November 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Very pretty, I love it! You never mentioned where you ordered it from?

Gail
November 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Your new slipcovers looks great Holly and I love your new pillows!! Enjoy your evening, Gail

November 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Looks great–I would like to get a few different slip covers so I can change my couches out with my mood:)

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky)
November 15, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks so much for the answer! I gave them a good scrub and might need to add some paint because so much chipped off. I like them really rough too. Now if only I could find some big windows like your beauties.

Diane
November 15, 2012 12:38 am

I would have to say that is the best looking slip cover I have ever seen! The room came together beautifully.

Julie @ Restlye Relove
November 15, 2012 2:14 am

Oh Holly, I love it!!!!!! I'm scoping out new sofas at the moment and looking for a neutral cover that I either purchase or sew myself. Yours looks amazing. I'm too scared of white myself, but neutral is perfect. It's hard to believe its blue underneath. I'm so jealous. x Julie

Michele Alger
November 15, 2012 6:29 am

How seriously exciting! I should know better than to come to your blog when I'm just about to get more accomplished, because the only accomplishment I seem to make is that of creative explosion after looking around here for another 20-30 or more minutes! Beautiful job!! {as always ;)}

Terry Moore
November 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Wow, that looks great. Bet that cost a pretty penny but so worth it!

Roisin
November 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Your new slipcovers look really good. The color is wonderful, and the throw pillows are really neat.

November 15, 2012 5:40 pm

I love those throw pillows. They are great and the slipcovers go perfectly.Cynthia

Heather Carson
November 15, 2012 6:16 pm

i want to live in your house.the end.xo – heatherwww.ThisLifeIsYours.com

Deb Hrabik
November 15, 2012 6:56 pm

It is all so comfy cozy. Love your style,Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls

That is a lovely room, love all the colors you chose. And Bertha looks like the most cozy spot ever.

Bliss
November 15, 2012 11:17 pm

With a name like Bertha you better be comfortable!Bliss

srpprcrftr
November 16, 2012 6:01 am

Lovin', lovin' your sofa cover and cushion covers. Might just have to visit that website to see how it is. Where did you get those incredible old windows, especially one on the wall? Oh, I'm so jealous. We had one that was 3 feet square that I'd found but we had to leave it when we moved from our house in KY. That killed me as I got the window for free. There were 12 panes which I filled alternately with botanical pics. We had to build a frame on the wall to hang that window, it was so heavy.… Read more »

Linda
Linda
November 16, 2012 3:04 pm

I wonder if this company could make a slip cover for my reclining sofa?

leather and fabric sofas
November 20, 2012 5:35 am

Wow I am really impressed by this amazing and wonderful sofa. Also pillow style and material is too good and best quality.