The Realtors are Coming….

We are moving!

Since our home is going up for sale I made a few changes.

My office is actually our formal dining room so I brought my picnic table out away from the wall and put a bench and a couple of slip covered chairs around it.  I bought some natural burlap for a table cloth (in the garden section at Ace) and lit a few candles in recycled jars.

This looks kind of like a shabby board room…..

A multi-purpose room…..
(drop your junk, work, craft, blog  and now even EAT & DRINK)

I’m trying to scale back my decor a bit but I just can’t make it “generic”….
I’ll take down those family photos soon.
(my dog looks dead but she is just really lazy)

I took the big picture of my boys out and replaced it with a white framed mirror.
If you want this house…I will sell it to you –  =)
I will even leave it furnished & decorated so sweet for you!
We are moving to Virginia….
We are excited for the change…. new job for the hubby and looking forward to a fresh start!
Ceekay- Thinkin of Home
March 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Well…good luck…I am in the midst of boxes….and I don't like it. Soon it will be over thankfully!! I hope you are able to sell and find what you are looking for.

A Thrifted Market
March 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Its so beautiful, I am sure you will have a buyer in no time. Becky from \”Farmgirl Paints\” moved to Virginia not to long ago..must be a happenin' place. Hope your house sells quick and can't wait to see what you do with your new one!

Eilis
March 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Well…if I went to your house with a realtor my big question would be can I buy the furnishings too?!! It looks great. We have to move in a year (my husband is commuting until our youngest graduates). So I really feel what you are going through.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky)
March 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Your home is lovely and I wish you all the best in the sale process.

Lindsay
March 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Holly I hope all goes well with the selling of your home. Dang market, no homes are being orices at what they should be are they…Hope fully things will get better. Good Luck and keep us posted on things. Virginia is awesome!! Your gunna love it. My brother lived there for like 5 years in Roanoke it was BEAUTIFUL!! I loved it there..

Deserae
March 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Your home looks fabulous and is decorated perfectly! I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could :o) Good luck…I'm sure it will sell fast!!!~DesPS. I am now following you on Google…hope you will follow me back :o)

March 22, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm so excited for you! I think your house looks amazing. I love how you put the picnic table in the dining room/office to show how one would fit in there. I know that's what realtors like. They want the rooms to reflect their purpose for the buyers. Your home has so much charm and style that I can't imagine that it will sit too long. I think your house is worth ALOT! That's alot more than what we could ever get for our house. Good luck with the moving process.

Bliss
March 22, 2012 10:54 pm

I don't know why I feel so stunned, and I was wondering where you were lately. So selfishly I'm thinking….\”gee just think of all the NEW amazing decorating Holly can do to a new place\”, and secretly wonder if you knew the realtors were coming for a while now?I'm already sad I'll miss your moving sale.~Bliss~

March 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Your house is gorgeous–sorry that the economy sucks so bad! Good luck! Maybe you'll get a really awesome deal on your next house.

Budget Design Girl
March 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Your house looks beautiful! Good luck with your move! If you think like me, I bet you are excited to have a new place to make your own from the ground up again!xo-Lisa

Katie Sue
March 22, 2012 11:43 pm

I hope you sell it quickly. It is so lovely. I am sure someone will love it. Katie

Jamie
March 22, 2012 11:47 pm

You whole home looks beautiful as always! I can never understand how it can be a bad thing to have a home decorated with all of the personal touches when trying to sell? For me it easier to see the potential with furniture in a home as opposed to big empty rooms. Good luck with selling your home! I don't think it will take long at all with how nice and beautifully decorated it is! The economy and selling homes is a lot worse here in Michigan so at least you don't live here! 🙂 ~ Jamie

patty
March 23, 2012 12:23 am

Good luck selling your house, I actually live in Madison but we have 2 daughters who live in Richmond and they love it If you move around there you are going to love all the thrifting places,my daughters blog is The Richmond Thrifter. I mentioned it on your Noisy Goose blog because she goes there when she comes to visit and loves the store too. Again, good luck with your house!! Paddy37855@aol.com.

Gail
March 23, 2012 12:40 am

OMGoodness Holly, we will be neighbors….I live in Maryland! I'm so excited for you and your family. You have a beautiful home and hopefully someone will appreciate all that you have done. Wishing you a speedy sell, Gail

All Things Chic 2
March 23, 2012 1:01 am

I love love what you did with your dining room…I love it so much , wow I need some changes now…Best of luck selling your home…Blessings LOri

blhitchcock901
March 23, 2012 1:34 am

Oh my! Love, love it! Whew, my heart would be hurting to leave. It is just perfect! I can't imagine this much space. Wishing you the best on your newest adventure! Pray for speedy sale!

Amy Kinser
March 23, 2012 2:32 am

How exciting! I think anyone should love your home and how you have it decorated.I love that piece that your computer is on. Maybe you could just send it to Tennessee…hmmm…

Kimberly
March 23, 2012 2:51 am

How exciting!! And good luck. Let me know if you head down to Raleigh NC, I need a kitchen / kitchen island makeover and would love your help.

March 23, 2012 3:04 am

We have sold houses and never did I make it look \”generic\” even though realtors think everything should be cleared and depersonalized. Your lovely home decor will help to sell your house. Can't imagine it won't sell quickly. I'm curious where in Virginia you're moving since we live in northern Virginia.Mary Alice

March 23, 2012 3:04 am

Elma
March 23, 2012 3:26 am

Oh how exciting!! I hope your house sells fast and can't wait to seeyour new home!! I would LOVE to live in your home:)

Sally
March 23, 2012 4:18 am

Good Luck on the move…your house is so beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with your new house!Sallyloveofhomes.blogspot.com

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living
March 23, 2012 11:47 am

Your home is beautiful. Good luck with your move. I look forward to seeing what you do with your new place.

The Bold Abode
March 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Fingers and toes crossed for a quick sale! It's so gorgeous…

Missy @ It's A Ray Thing
March 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Good luck to you all. Can't wait to see what you do with your new home.

ImSoVintage
March 23, 2012 2:44 pm

That is such exciting news. Congratulations. I'm sure your house will sell fast. I can't wait to see the decorating you do in your new home.Hugs,Laura

Linda/patchwork
March 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Congratulations! Hope your house sells very quickly.Good luck on the move.

Herballistic Garden
March 23, 2012 4:24 pm

That must make you so sad! It makes me sad because your house is so \”you\” and you've put so much love into it. Can you move it here to Canada? I'll take it! hahaha! I'm sure your new house will inspire you to make an even more beautiful home…if that's possible! xo wendy

Tam
Tam
March 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Your home is GORGEOUS… you've done a fantastic job, definitely my decor, too bad we're not in the area!

GennieG
March 23, 2012 6:19 pm

All the best of luck with your move! I actually am one who enjoys to move about every 4 years but my hubby isn't going for it this time. Virginia is so beautiful. Your home is going to sell quickly, it's gorgeous! Congratulations to your hubby too with his new job!

Marty
March 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Welcome to Virginia!!! I live in Richmond. I travel throughout the state for work and am happy to share with you all the good thrift stores, salvage yards etc. also, I could be your first client in va. Your home is beautiful! Good luck and let me know if you need any info about the area. Marty(the girl with a guys name)Marty.meade09@gmail.com

Michelle
March 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Wow Holly! I wish you a quick sale and good luck finding a wonderful house…I know you make it a beautiful home with your *down to earth style* cuz that is traveling with you :)Hugs from Iowa,Michelle at Pine Needle Hill

reFresh reStyle
March 24, 2012 10:56 pm

I wish I could buy it! Love every detail! Have a great weekend! Debbie

Christine
March 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Your home is beautiful, and I know you will make your new home just as special. Good luck on your move and new phase in life! I'm your newest follower via linky :)xo-Christinewww.firsthomelovelife.com

Gidget
March 25, 2012 1:31 am

You have a lovely home. Good luck with the sell and I can't wait to see what you do with your next place.

Cathy Cobblestone
March 25, 2012 2:29 am

Someone will snatch up your beautiful home in a jiffy – it is just gorgeous. I love the unique yet homey feel of it – I have been really inspired by you since finding your blog. Best wishes for a successful sale and move. Fresh starts are always good!

Rosemary@villabarnes
March 26, 2012 12:57 am

Your home has such a beautiful look, and flow to it. Very serene. I'm sure someone will fall in love. Best of luck to you.

-penny
March 26, 2012 1:37 am

So excited to see what changes you make to a new house!! and even more excited to know you'll be in VA. How close will you be to Roanoke?? I'd love for you to come decorate my house. 🙂

March 26, 2012 11:28 am

Congratulations! We just relo'd from that area last year. I miss the beautiful countryside, horse ranches, and majestic mountains! And, there is so much to see and do. Y'all will love it there! Good luck with the move :)Carolyn{my simple messterpiece}

Pamela
March 26, 2012 5:34 pm

It all looks so lovely Holly! I would buy your home in a heartbeat!

Santa Cruz Realtors
March 27, 2012 10:12 am

Nice blog..i think your house looks amazing.Excellent work buddy and god luck. Santa Cruz Realtors

Tracy
March 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Congratulations Holly…how exciting for you! I would love to live in VA…so my style. Even paired down your home is amazing…I hope you will continue to blog and share what you do with your new home. I would love to buy your house…fully decorated of course, but that isn't in the cards. If you do need to sell anything…like maybe the door that goes to your basement in the kitchen…please feel free to contact me…I will make the drive!

amy of the salvage collection
April 19, 2012 11:12 am

oooh! what a crazy time for you! we are also on the move south (NC) so maybe we'll see you on 95!! where in VA?

Zumi
October 3, 2012 5:58 am

Wonderful decor. I love that chandelier, clock,table,everything 🙂 I was mesmerized with the interior design and hope to live a life this. Thanks.