Recycled Jars

I make an easy and yummy strawberry jam in the early summer so I hang on to jars like these….

I end up with lots of jars in this size….
  They are perfect to reuse for freezer jam because the lids are a plain white or silver and the size is just right.
  We also use them for drinking glasses.  🙂
After seeing a few mason jar posts on “blogland” I decided to transform them into something decorative…

Like this-

All you need:
 jars, black glass paint, twine (burlap if you like) and tea light candles.
I used hot glue to keep the twine wrapped around the tops of the jars.
You can stencil the numbers but I just did it freehand  🙂  …

LibbiesHome
November 22, 2011 10:10 am

Saw you on Kindra's Terrific Under Ten – Love this idea as I am also a hoarder of jars for jam and anything else. Thanks for sharing!

Debra @ Common Ground
November 23, 2011 5:30 am

Hi Holly, wow, I love this look, and to think it's just PB jars! what a great idea, thanks for joining in with VIF, xo

Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
November 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Wow! This is perfect:) I am seriously loving your post! It is so informative and I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable (http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-2.html). I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday! Warmly,Andrea @ Frugally SustainableHere's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

Emily @ Random Recycling
November 24, 2011 3:28 am

I think I may do PEACE for the holidays. Thanks for the lovely (and easy) idea!

Kathy
November 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi! Found you on Twitter via Inspiredroom….just copied this blog post onto my FB page. Love the inspiration! Truly!! Visit here to see: http://www.facebook.com/vintageweaveinteriorsxox

Kathy
November 30, 2011 4:06 pm

And now posted it on Twitter, too! Love the creative recycling!!

Candy Jones
December 6, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi, I found your blog via Melisaa at The Inspired Room. Both of you make me so envious at how creative you are. Love your style!Candyjones1970@gmail.com

Kristin
December 17, 2011 5:01 pm

I have been thoroughly enjoying reading through your posts. Your home is gorgeous and your Christmas decor amazing!! Your newest follower!!

Eclectically Vintage
December 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Love the numbers! I used mason jars this year too. Added \”snow\”! following along.Kelly

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple
January 13, 2012 4:56 am

so beautiful! Love your repurposing style :)I loved your home tour-as beautiful as a Pottery Barn catalog-happy new follower 🙂